THE fan blog
Contact: irina.stanescu@ymail.com
round minus
round plus

Vissi D'Arte at Kennedy Center

.
When I'm away from the internet things happen. The Gala was broadcasted on CBS on December 29th. And it's all uploaded on the internet. For the moment only Vissi D'arte was found. But there was also Habanera. I can't find it so maybe it was skipped from the broadcasting. Thank you all who sent me the link.
.
No comments about the video. The tears in Mrs Bumbry's eyes say everything.
.


.
And the first part where Aretha Franklin honors Grace Bumbry. It's really impressive to see how she managed to find her way in opera.


.

6 comments:

  1. Most unfortunately, the Habanera was not broadcast. Although the segments honoring Bruce Springsteen and Mel Brooks seemed to drag on indefinitely, only Vissi d'arte was shown for Grace Bumbry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Smith31/12/09 8:42 PM

    Yes, the look on Ms. Bumby's face was wonderful to see.
    I've looked through the other sections on You Tube and it seems that they edited out the Habenera. A shame. In general, Ms. Bumbry's tribute seems to have been shortened in favor of some of the other honorees. I guess those who make these decisions think that the general public is more interested in seeing rock singers and broadway show numbers than opera. I love Bruce Springsteen, too, but would rather have seen Angela again than Melissa Etheridge or Sting:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, what a shame. I watched the entire show last night. I enjoyed it but as you said, what was important for me was cut off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful interpretation..and stunning dress.
    She looked so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you perhaps know who designed Ms. Gheorghiu's dress? I absolutely adore it

    ReplyDelete