THE fan blog
Contact: irina.stanescu@ymail.com
round minus
round plus

Interview on Antena 2 - part 4

.
This is the last part. In case anybody wonders why there are 4 parts, I devided them according to commercials. I hope everybody found something interesting in this long interview. If not, we wait for the next one.
.

Do you still have time for shopping, for girl talking, for pajama parties?
Yes, we did that too, twice. Once at home and the other time somewhere else. I make time for everything. Because of the cameras, of the performances and recordings I do people think that I’m on stage once in two-three days. It’s not true because one performance costs me a lot. And an opera singer needs free time. In my free time I sometimes like not to do anything. I like shopping, reading, walking. I like staying in the sun no matter the season. I have some friends in Puerto Rico that I visit from time to time and there I can take sun baths.
.
It seems to me that you lost some weight.
Actually I’m thinner.
.
I thought that this is needed for voice volume.
Oh, no. The volume has nothing to do with my waist.
.
So my husband is right when saying that Angela sings so naturally as if speaking.
This is my contribution. You don’t have to think that the voice is strictly related to the size of the body.
.
Thank you very much for spending more than an hour with us. We found out interesting things. One more question for you. Which is the latest love declaration for your husband?
We speak Romanian and he likes the phrase “mi-e dor de tine” (I miss you).
.


.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you very much, Irina, for your translations ! It was a great work for you. And we always like to understand our dear Angela...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Irina, for all the time and effort you put into the translation of this very nice long interview. I appreciate it very much.
    Susan(BIG Fan Sue)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so a big thank you! it's really great to have done all these translations. we know little Angela Gheorghiu in France, it makes us more human and closer. that's what I think. I have so much admiration for his work, his voice, his musicality. his voice and that of her husband (so they sang together) have become like a drug to me. this is the first time in my life I feel that. I love and appreciate many other opera singers, but with them it is addictive and intense, always. I listen every day or almost.
    so I do not understand if I write in French or not when I first write in French and then use google translate and you book so my review in English I think pretty rough! Perhaps in doing so by google translate the result will be worse! we'll see ...
    encore bravo to you and thank you
    sincerely
    mireille

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Annie and Susan. Thanks a lot. I hope that many other beautiful things will happen in 2010.

    @Mireille - Thank you for your comments. You can write in French if you want or if it's easier. I know what you mean about addiction. It happened to a lot of people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda Smith6/1/10 7:49 PM

    My favorite ;) question in this interview was "Have you ever been to a disco?" and Angela's answer: "No":)! I did find the information about Angela taking pictures of shop windows, etc. very interesting.
    Let's hope that Irina gets to do an interview with Angela in 2010. THAT will be good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Irina, with the translations! It takes a lot of time and effort to do it. It's not so easy to translate Angela's interviews into English as I noticed she wants to say so many things at the same time. I think on the one hand it's because she wants to share as much as she can with the audience and, on the other hand, many ideas seem to pop into her head at the same time, so sometimes she goes abruptly from one thing to another. I personally like this as her interviews are always very dynamic and exciting. And I think it also depends on the reporter, mainly how she/he leads the discussion. What I didn't like about this particular interviewer is that she constantly interrupts Angela before she has the chance to answer her question and moves on to another question. Sometimes Angela insists on answering, but other times I think she just gives up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana, thanks for the encouragement. As always you put in words my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks, irina, for your work. The journalist seems to be a very superficial person, but anyhow the interview was interesting. Maybe not for you, because you are a huge fan and you know already everything, but for me there were a lot of new informations. AG seems to be a tough woman, who takes her art very seriously.

    ReplyDelete