THE fan blog
Contact: irina.stanescu@ymail.com
round minus
round plus

Renee rocks... or pops ?!?

.
I still can't say if I like this or not. Her rock/pop voice is so different from her opera voice that I have to get used to it first before having an opinion. Listening to Endlessly you wouldn't say that she might be able to hit high Cs, Ds, Es. As I listened to Cher live recently, when Renee started to sing I first thought of Cher. There's quite a resemblance. How did she get that voice? Oh, one more thing. I doubt that it was a live performance. This might count for the Cher-like voice.
.
I heard many people disapproving this new style. But more and more often opera singers try different approaces. Many called this "desperate need for publicity". I don't think it's the case. I only heard one song from this CD (Dark Hope) and some samples available on Amazon. The CD will be released on June 8th.
.
So, wild look, strange voice... I think I'll give it a try.
.
This song is a cover. Below you have the original song performed by Muse.
.


.

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps Fleming just wants to be a rock star:)I don't know about this; do rock singers try to do opera? They can't. I don't know if Fleming's opera fans will be into this and I doubt rock fans want to hear an opera singer do rock:)Pop songs, on the other hand, such as standards sometimes work for opera singers. I just have my doubts about rock in the style that Fleming is after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still want to listen to the entire album.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even so, I'd probably like it better if Angela was singing it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as I know, she did only one pop song. Numele tau. Some years ago. But she uses the opera voice.
    anyway, Renee sung a lot of jazz when she was young. So it's not the first time she does this. Only that it's unusual for my years. Probably it would be the same in Angela's case. In different articles she said she'd like to work with some Romanian rock/pop bands :)

    ReplyDelete