THE fan blog
Contact: irina.stanescu@ymail.com
round minus
round plus

Tosca @ROH, "Friends" booking on March 9

.
Big day on Wednesday. Royal Opera House opens sales for Summer performances. Tosca included. Two performances in particular, those on July 14 and 17. You know, that all stars cast... Angela Gheorghiu/Jonas Kaufmann/Bryn Terfel. But I predict a real fight for tickets considering that ROH already announced that both performances will be filmed.
March 9 - sales for "Friends" - 8am, UK time
April 5 - general sale - 10am, UK time
.
So let the fastest fingers and best internet connection win!
.
Just to have an idea of what you could listen to if you get a ticket and if nothing changes in the meantime, enjoy two tracks :)
.
Angela Gheorghiu/Jonas Kaufmann - Tosca - Duet in Act 1 - Concert in Abu Dhabi, 2008

.
Angela Gheorghiu/Bryn Terfel - Tosca - Duet in Act 2 - Royal Opera, 2006

.
I chose to write about this and not about the "artistic reasons" that led to cancellation of Faust at the Met. I believe Angela perfectly knows what she's doing. So I keep on being supportive. And hope for the best. These are my only comments regarding this topic.
.

4 comments:

  1. Will she sing these Toscas? I wonder. I wouldn't risk buying a ticket in advance, given Angela's recent spell of cancellations. Irina, I admire your steadfast and unrelenting support but, frankly, as a fan I am very disappointed with Angela's behaviour. I'm afraid her relationship with the Met, arguably the most important opera house in the world, will be severed for good after her cancellation in Faust. First it was Carmen, then Romeo et Juliette, and now Faust. I'm sorry but this is totally unprofessional behaviour. Didn't she know, two weeks ago when the Met announced the new season, that she had "artistict reasons" for stepping down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymus. As I said, I don't want to make further comments. The truth is out there, somewhere in the middle.
    I'll risk again. I've been waiting for this Tosca for a year. And I want to believe I'll see it again. That's me, always optimistic. Even if sometimes I get upset, the moment she starts singing, right there on the stage in front of me, everything else goes away and I go back living the dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Irina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get your ticket(s)??

    ReplyDelete