THE fan blog
Contact: irina.stanescu@ymail.com
round minus
round plus

AUDIO - Concert in Chicago, Oct 21


I listened to the entire radio broadcast (including Bartok's Concert for orchestra that I don't get to listen to very oftenof Solti's Centennial Concert that took place in Chicago on Sunday. I listen and enjoyed every minute of it because of the special, festive feeling it gave me. Addio del passato knocked me out. Just because. It's not a review but some feelings shaped in words. The heart doesn't need technical reasons. One hundred percent subjective, but because I couldn't see what was going on on stage my mind flew away, to La Traviata in New York back in 2010 when I first saw and listen live to Angela's Violetta. Amazing performance, unforgettable moments afterwords. 

Photo above, Angela Gheorghiu and Valery Gergiev, @Facebook. More photos from the concert on the link.

Angela Gheorghiu - Addio del passato (La Traviata)


Angela Gheorghiu and Rene Pape - La ci darem la mano (Don Giovanni)


.

1 comment:

  1. Irina, cum iti explici ca in Octombrie 2012 nimeni nu stie aproape nimic despre ce va face Angela in 2013...Anna Netrebko are programul in detaliu pana in 2016, cu toate marile opere din lume...pe cand Angela noastra pare sa fie respinsa de toata lumea. Ceva s-a intamplat in lumea operei dupa ce ea a anulat rolurile de la MET din 2010...de atunci se pare ca nimeni nu o mai vrea...sau a pierdut ea curajul sa performeze? Vad din ce in ce mai multe concerte scurte prin Oman si Essen...dar mai nimic nou si substantial.

    ReplyDelete